How To Make Shahi aloo gobi
A delectable, lip-smacking dish which can be prepared easily.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time15mins
Key ingredients for Shahi aloo gobi
How to make Ghee
Ingredients to make Shahi aloo gobi
- Cauliflower florets 15
- Potato small 4 cubed
- Onions 2 chopped
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Tomato 1
- Salt to taste
- Kasoori methi - little
- Kitchen king masala 1tsp
- Masala for grinding:
- Grated coconut 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts 12
- Khus khus 1 1/2 tsp
- For Garnishing:
- Coriander leaves
- Cashew nuts, raisins fried in ghee
Steps to make Shahi aloo gobi
- Soak cauliflower florets in water adding salt and turmeric powder for 30 minutes
- Grind the ingredients listed under masala coarsely. Keep aside.
- Heat kadai. Add little ghee and oil. Fry onions till golden brown. Then add tomato and fry till soft.
- Now add turmeric and red chilli powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes. Add little water and salt and let it boil in a low flame for about 10 minutes with lid closed. Please check if the water is not dried completely.
- Once cauliflower and potatoes are boiled 90% add ground masala and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi and kitchen king masala and stir.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves, cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot with chapatis or pooris.
My Tip: Do not add more water while boiling cauliflower as the gravy may become watery.