How To Make MASALA DOSA ROLLS - South meets North
A twist on the traditional masala dosa. Potato curried, wrapped in bread and dipped in dosa batter and roasted on a pan served with chili sauce and coconut chutney.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time25mins
Ingredients to make MASALA DOSA ROLLS - South meets North
- Bread slices - 6 nos.
- Dosa batter - 1 cup
- Boiled & cubes potatoes - 1/2 cup
- finely chopped onion - 1/4 cup
- urad dal - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- salt to taste
- curry leaves - chopped - 1 tsp
- green chilies - finely chopped- 1/2 tsp
- corriander chopped - 2 tsp
- Dosa gun powder - 2 tbsp
- oil for frying and curry
Steps to make MASALA DOSA ROLLS - South meets North
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and urad dal and saute.
- Add green chilies and curry leaves, Fry for a minute.
- Add onions and cook till transparent, add salt and turmeric powder.
- Add potatoes and coriander and cook for 2 mins. leave it to cool down.
- Cut the sides of the bread and roll them thin using a rolling pin.
- Heat a nonstick pan for making the rolls.
- Place a little potato curry in one side of the bread. Sprinkle a little dosa gun powder.
- Tightly roll the bread now and use little water to seal the edges. You could also chill them little to firm them if bread is crumbly
- dip this roll in dosa batter and shallow fry them using little oil.
My Tip: Served with chili tomato sauce and coconut chutney.