How To Make SUMMER FRUIT & YOGURT WHOLE WHEAT TRAYBAKE
SUMMER FRUIT & YOGURT WHOLE WHEAT TRAYBAKE
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time45mins
Ingredients to make SUMMER FRUIT & YOGURT WHOLE WHEAT TRAYBAKE
- 4 cups mix of stone fruit and berries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 100 gm butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar and Greek yogurt to serve
Steps to make SUMMER FRUIT & YOGURT WHOLE WHEAT TRAYBAKE
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Line an 13 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, with paper hanging over from the edges of the pan.
- In a bowl, toss the berries, 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, sift together both the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and cloves. Add the butter, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and 1 cup of s
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Scatter the fruit evenly on top of the batter, drizzling over the residual juice in the bowl.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Take the cake out of pan. Cut into squares and serve with some icing sugar dusted over it and some greek yogurt by the side.