Key ingredients for Espresso Panna Cotta
Homemade Caramel Sauce
Ingredients to make Espresso Panna Cotta
- 125 ml espresso freshly brewed
- 50 gm light brown sugar
- 375 ml fresh cream
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
Steps to make Espresso Panna Cotta
- Pour the espresso and sugar into a saucepan and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the cream and put the saucepan on a low heat.
- While the cream mixture is gently heating up, pour 2 tsp water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top of it, so that it's completely covered in water.
- Let this rest for about 5 minutes, until gelatin has completely softened.
- When the cream mixture is about to boil i.e. when it starts to bubble around the edges, take the saucepan off the heat.
- Take 1/2 cup of cream mixture and mix into the softened gelatin and stir to dissolve completely.
- Add this 1/2 cup cream back into the remaining cream in the saucepan and whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into moulds and let rest in fridge overnight, until set.
- While ready to serve, dip the bottom of moulds into some just boiled water, one at a time, holding them there for 8 seconds.
- Invert them onto serving plates. Drizzle with chocolate or caramel sauce.