Key ingredients for Thai chicken salad
How to make Coconut Milk
Ingredients to make Thai chicken salad
- 500 gms chicken breast (boneless)
- Finely chopped basil (8-10 leaves)
- Finely chopped kafir lime (5-6 leaves)
- Finely chopped green onions (3- 4 now)
- Minced garlic (1 teaspoon)
- Coconut milk (250 ml)
- powdered sugar (2 tablespoons)
- Lemon juice (2 tablespoon)
- Peanuts (garnishing)
- Red chillies (garnishing/optional)
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Thai chicken salad
- Boil the chicken in a pan with a pinch of salt. This should take about 15 mins on a medium flame. Check once.
- Once the chicken is boiled. Let it cool. Shred the chicken with your hands into small pieces. Place it in a bowl.
- Now add all the ingredients except for the peanuts and chillies. Mix well. Make sure that the salad is not too liquidy before adding the coconut milk.
- Taste it once. It should be slightly sweet and lemony.
- Garnish with lots of crushed peanuts and chillies. Serve with lemon on the side.
My Tip: I added a spoon full of mayo for that thick consistency!