Ingredients to make Set Dosa
- Raw Rice - 3 cups
- Poha/aval/pressed rice - 3/4 cup
- Urad daal/white lentil - 1/4 cup
- Sabudana /sago pearls - 1.5 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds/methidana - 1 tsp
- Yogurt/curd - 3/4 cup
- Water approx 1.5 cup
- Soda bi carb - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Set Dosa
- Wash rice & urad daal well. In a bowl mix rice, urad daal, methi dana, poha & soak in enough water for approx 5-6 hours. Mix together yogurt/curd and water and make buttermilk. (can use laban instead).
- Drain water from the soaked daal rice mixture and then grind the soaked ingredients with yogurt mixture(buttermilk) to make a smooth batter(pouring consistency)
- Add salt and soda bi carb in the mixture and mix well. Cover and let it ferment overnight or for approx 8 hours. Heat a heavy cast iron or flat nonstick griddle/tawa.
- Wipe it with a cloth dipped in little water and few drops of oil. Now pour 2 ladles of batter on the hot tawa. Let it spread by itself like a thick pancake,no need to spread with the ladle.
- Let it cook on medium heat then drizzle some oil on it and on the sides and let it cook for around 1.5 to 2 minute.
- Then turn the side and cook it just for a minute, no need to cook further. Serve hot with tomato chutney,coconut chutney & rasam.