Cheesy mashed potato bites
Cheesy mashed potato bites are the perfect way to use your leftover mashes potatoes and turn them into a super delicious snack that will leave everyone wanting for more. Perfect for parties and rainy evenings, these delicious bites of leftover mashed potatoes are stuffed with three kinds of cheese, crumbed in a flavored Panko and deep fried!! Served as a naanwich with some honey lime grilled pineapples. This recipe has been inspire by Damn Delicious.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- For the mashed potato bites: Mashed potatoes - 1 cup (leftover, see recipe for mashed potatoes in the post)
- Red onion - 1, chopped very fine
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cube parmesan cheese,
- grated 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 green chillies, deseeded (if desired) and chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- For the coating: 1large egg, beaten .
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder ½ tsp (optional)
- Black pepper ½ tsp (optional)
- Garlic salt as desired, start with less since cheese has enough salt
- For the honey line pineapple: Pineapple cubes - 12
- Honey - 2 tbsp
- Juice of 1½ lime
- Green chili - 1,
- chopped Ginger ½ inch, grated
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Naan: Recipe given in the post
- Start by marinating the pineapple in the ingredients listed and leave it for 4 hrs minimum. To make the mashed potato bites: Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes and all the other ingredients listed above under the "for the mashed potato bites"
- In a plate, mix the panko with the seasoning. Set aside. In another bowl, mix the egg thoroughly to make a egg wash.
- Now make small 1 inch balls of the dough, try and make them all of same size.
- For the coating: Working with one at a time, dip the balls into the egg wash, remove and out into the panka, dredge it on all sides with panko thoroughly.
- Cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- For the grilled pineapple: Thread the marinated pineapple and grill for 4-5 mins. Remove and keep aside.
- To serve: Make the naan, add some potato bites on the naan, 3 pineapple, some pickled onion and tomato. Drizzle some sriracha and honey mustard mayo , fold and serve. Enjoy.