Bhakricha Kala (Spiced Bhakri in Yogurt sauce)
- 2 leftover Jowar/Bajra Bhakris
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 9-10 curry leaves
- 2-3 Green chillies chopped
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves Chopped for garnishing
- Tear the Bhakris into small pieces.
- Whisk the Curd with salt and sugar.
- Add the chopped onions and Bhakri pieces to the curd and mix well.
- In a small pan, heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- Add the cumin seeds, once the mustard seeds start to crackle.
- Add the green chillies, curry leaves and Asafoetida.
- Pour this tempering on the Bhakri-Curd mixture.
My Tip: Sprinkle some Methkut (Typical Maharshtrian spiced powder) on the Bhakri Kala