How to make Ghee
- 1/2 cup pearl millet
- 1/4 cup split green gram
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- asafoetida a pinch
- Clean bajra and soak overnight or at least for 6-7 hours and drain.
- Clean and soak moong dal for 30 minutes and drain.
- Combine bajra and moong dal in a pressure cooker, add 2 cups of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Open the lid, once the steam is released.
- In a frying pan, heat ghee, add cumin seeds, when the seeds start to splutter add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Add this ghee/tadka to the cooked khichdi mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Serve hot with a dollop of ghee and powdered jaggery:)
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.