How To Make Butter Kulcha with Twist
Butter Kulcha is a famous tandoori bread. It goes well with Butter paneer, Dal Makhni , Chole and Matar. I love to eat it with lots of butter, nothing else :)
- Prep Time2Hours
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Butter Kulcha with Twist
- All purpose flour (Maida) 2 cups
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- Baking Soda ½ tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Salt As per taste
- Luke warm milk 1 cup
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Water ½ cup
- Chopped Beetroot ½ cup
- Chopped Beans ½ cup
- Chopped Onions ½ cup
- Chopped capsicum ½ cup
- Amul Lite Butter 150 gm
Steps to make Butter Kulcha with Twist
- Mix Flour, Baking powder, Baking soda, Sugar, Salt, Curd and oil in a pan.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Add lukewarm milk , water and mix it well.
- Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes.
- The dough will be sticky, so take a little bit of butter on your hands and knead it again for 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with clean wrap and let it rest for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take out the dough on a clean surface and punch it back.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll out with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle all the chopped vegetables and press those little bit.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C for 5 minutes.
- Place rolled Kulcha on a greased tray and grill it for 10 minutes.
- Once done, apply lots of Butter and serve hot with your choice of vegetable.
My Tip: I have used sour curd in this recipe as it helps to activate the gluten fast and make your Kulchas more soft and spongy.