How To Make Bread Poha
Simple and easy way to serve bread in breakfast with the goodness of vegetables and crunch of peanuts ....
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Bread Poha
- 6 Brown Bread slices (cut into square pieces)
- 1 Onion sliced
- Few curry leaves
- 1 Chopped tomato
- 1 Green capsicum finely chopped
- 1 Red capsicum (bell pepper) finely chopped
- 2 table spoon peanuts (moongphali)
- 1 Chopped green chilly
- 1 Teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 Teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 Teaspoon chana dal
- Pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt according to taste
- Red chilly powder according to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
Steps to make Bread Poha
- Take the bread and cut it into square pieces.
- Now take a pan, add oil, once hot add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Now add peanuts, roast for a minute, add chana dal and urad dal, cook for a minute.
- Add onion to this, stir for a minute.. then add chopped tomatoes and green chillies.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilly powder, mix well.
- Now add chopped red and green capsicum, cook for a minute or two
- Add bread squares to this mixture, sprinkle few drops of water so that bread is coated with the vegetable mixture nicely.
- Switch off the gas, add lemon juice, sugar and coriander leaves. Mix well and serve hot.
My Tip: You can add green peas, paneer or any other vegetable of your choice.