Ingredients to make Kesari phirni
- 1/2 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 liters Milk
- Kewra essence
- Saffron and silverleaf
- Condensed Milk- 1/2 cup
Steps to make Kesari phirni
- Wash, dry and coarsely grind rice.
- Heat Milk in a heavy bottom pan and add rice to it.Cook till slightly thick.
- Add sugar and condensed milk(adjust acc. to taste).Cook till Milk is reduced in half and consistency is thick.Add kewra essence and take off heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.Chill the phirni for several hours.
- Serve garnished with almonds, saffron and silverleaf.
My Tip: Add 1/4 tsp of green cardamom powder.