Tawa Paneer Tikka
How to make Garam Masala
- 400 gms- Paneer (cottage cheese )
- 1 1/2 cup- curd
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon- red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon- garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon- chat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon- cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon- tandoori masala
- 2 tablespoon- lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon- oil or butter
- 1 pinch red food colour
- 2 green capsicums cut it into 2 inches cubes
- 1 large onion cut from the side in 2 inches cubes
- 10 skewer sticks
- cut paneer(cottage cheese) into 2 inches cubes
- Mix all the masalas n powders in a bowl with curd and lemon (salt, red chilly powder, garam masala powder, chat masala, tandoori masala, cumin powder, red food colour)
- Now add paneer (cottage cheese) into this mixture and marinate for a few hours.
- Add capsicum and mix gently.
- Add onion cubes and mix well.
- Now keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Take the skewers n start threading capsicum, onion, paneer, onion and capsicum cubes in that order. In each skewer you have to add two marinated paneer cubes.
- Heat non stick tawa on gas. Pour 1 tablespoon oil or butter on the tawa.
- Place your marinated paneer tikka sticks on the tawa and cover with a lid.
- Cook on a low flame. In between u have to turn your paneer tikka sticks and cook well. Apply little oil with the help of a brush.
- Take out on a plate.
My Tip: You can also use ajwain powder while marinating the mixture. It will give more taste n a good aroma when cooked.