Eggless no bake steamed Mocha cake
- 1 1/4 cup maida/all purpose flour
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Curd 1/2 cup
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Chocolate syrup 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder 2 tbsp
- Coffee powder 2 tsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- Water 1/2 cup
- Whipped cream as per choice
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- In another bowl mix sugar with a little lukewarm milk. Add curd and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients with liquid ingredients. Add in the chocolate syrup.
- Boil water in a big pan or pressure cooker. Take a wire rack or ring on the bottom of the pan.
- Grease a baking tin. Then pour the cake batter in the tin.
- Place this cake tin on wire rack. Cover the lid and steam.
- For topping:
- Take a pan and roast the coffee powder on a low flame for 10 seconds. Add 1/2 cup water and sugar according to taste
- Add butter and 1 tbsp milk. Mix it till its consistency becomes thick.
- When the cake is cool, then pour the coffee glaze on it. Decorate the cake with whipped cream and cut into desired shape.