- For the bread:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Whole wheat Flour (Atta)
- 2 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 ï†¾ cup Lukewarm Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Zaatar(optional)
- For Toppings:
- 1 Onion(Medium- cut into roundels or chunks)
- ½ Red Bell Pepper( Cut into Julliens)
- Äµ Yellow Bell Pepper( Cut into Julliens)
- Äµ Green Bell Pepper( Cut into Julliens)
- Äµ Orange Bell Pepper( Cut into Julliens)
- 1 tbsp Green Olives
- 1 tbsp Black Olives
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced or quartered)
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- Salt to taste
- Start by warming the water. Warm ¾ th cup of water, just make it lukewarm, don't make it hot. (If the water is either too hot or not warm enough the yeast will not froth). Take the water and add sugar to it. Mix it well.
- Now add yeast to this warm water and sugar solution. It should start bubbling. Keep aside the water and yeast mix for 10 minutes.
- After 10 mins you will see a frothy n bubbly mix of yeast.Now add the yeast mix to flour. Start adding water little by little. Mix well with hands.( I like mixing with hand to feel the texture of the dough. You can use a stand mixer also).
- Now add Salt, Zaatar and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Bring the dough together by adding water little by little. We have to bring it together with light hands and not knead it. The dough will be sticky.
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in the bowl and rub dough ball all over with the oil.
- Take a kitchen towel and make it little wet and warm it by microwaving it for 20-30 secs. Cover the dough with the warm towel and Keep it in a nice warm place for 1 hour,so it doubles in size.
- In the meantime prepare your Muffin/ Cupcake tray and Pans to make the bread. Grease them with oil.
- After one hour take the dough out. (Just be sure the dough should not fill the pan/ tray. Now lightly oil your fingers and make small lemon sized balls. Keep these balls in Muffin tray. OR you can spread the dough in a Pan tray also.
- Leave your trays for another half an hour at a warm place.Let the dough rise further. After half an hour you will see it has risened more.
- Use fingers to create the holes/dimples in focaccia and garnish/decorate with all the toppings,olives and herbs. Drizzle some olive oil.
- Keep in middle rack of oven at 200 degree centigrade for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take the trays out n let the bread cool down a bit.
- You can eat it as it is or make sandwiches or you can serve it with any dip/ chutney/ salsa.