How to make Garam Masala
- For chapati:- Maida - 2 cups
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Egg - 1 (beaten & added a pinch salt)
- For cutlet:-Potatoes - 4 (boiled)
- Capsicum - 1/2 (chopped)
- Peas - 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Sweet corn - 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Carrot - 1/2 cup (shreded)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Green chili paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander leaves - few
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Cornflour - 2 tsp
- Oil - to shallow fry
- For assembling:- Onions - 2 (chopped finely)
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 bowl (chopped finely)
- Tamarind pulp - 1/2 bowl
- Chaat masala - 1/2 bowl
- Cheese - 2 cubes (grated)
- For chapati: Mix all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough. Roll out into thin chapatis and cook very little on tawa. Apply beaten egg on one side of a chapati and shallow fry it until the egg gets cooked. Keep aside covered tightly
- For cutlet: Mash potatoes and peas, add coarsely mashed corn, carrot and capsicum.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and shape into long cutlets. Shallow fry them in oil and keep aside.
- For assembling: Take a chapati and with the egg side on top, place a cutlet on it.
- Then over this sprinkle tamarind pulp, onions, coriander leaves, chaat masala and cheese. Roll it tightly. Fix with a toothpick or roll into silver foil.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
My Tip: Make the rolls a little saucy and pack them for your kid's tiffin too.