Sabudana Thalipeeth | Sago Pearls Flatbread
- 1 cup - Sago | Sabudana | Tapioca Pearls soaked
- 4 - Potatoes large size boiled and mashed
- 2 tblsp - Groundnut roasted coarsely ground
- 3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Jeera | Cumin seeds dry roasted
- 1/2 tsp Adrak | Ginger finely chopped
- A polythene paper to spread thalipeeth
- Sendha Namak/Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix to make a dough. There is no need to add any water as the mashed potatoes are the binding agent.
- Make 8 to 9 equal portions of the dough and make ball shapes of them about the size of a big lemon.
- Place the polythene paper on a plate. Place one of the portion in the center and make a circle of about 3 inches in diameter. Gently pat the dough to flatten it out.
- Place a non-stick tava on the gas on high flame. When the tava is hot, reduce the flame to low. Gently slide the prepared thalipeeth on the hot tava.
- After about a minute, gently flip the thalipeeth to the other side. Once there are fine brown spots on the surface of the thalipeeth, they are done and transfer to a plate.
- In the same manner prepare the remaining thailpeeths. Serve hot with Tamarind Date Chutney and Yogurt.