Sheer Kurma | How to make Sheer Kurma
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
About Sheer Kurma Recipe
Sheer khurma or Sheer Khorma is a vermicelli pudding It is very popular dessert throughout South Asia and Central Asia. It is a traditional Muslim festive breakfast, prepared by Muslim people on Eid.The main ingredients used in Sheer Khurma are vermicelli, whole milk, sugar and dates. In Persian language, Sheer means milk and Khurma means dates.This dish is made from dried dates though here I used both dried and ripe dates.
Sheer Kurma is one dish which makes its accompaniments tastier. With the right mix of flavours, Sheer Kurma has always been everyone's favourite. This recipe by Moumita Malla is the perfect one to try at home for your family. The Sheer Kurma recipe is very simple and can be made in restaurant style using these ingredients. The time taken while preparing Sheer Kurma is 15 minutes and the time taken for cooking is 60 minutes. This is recipe of Sheer Kurma is perfect to serve 4 people. Sheer Kurma is just the appropriate option to prepare when you have a get together or party at home. Be it kids or grownups, everyone just absolutely love Sheer Kurma. So do try it next time and share your experience of cooking Sheer Kurma by commenting on this page below!
Ingredients to make Sheer Kurma
- Milk - 1 liter
- or Clarified Butter - 2 tablespoons
- - 1/2 cup or as required
- Seviyaa /Vermicelli /Simui - 1/2 cup (broken into small pieces)
- or Kaju - 10
- or Badam - 10
- Unsalted - 10 (Soak into the water for 5 minutes)
- Dry seedless dates - 6 (Soak into for minimum 1 hour and then cut into thin slices)
- Ripe seedless - 4 sliced (Soak into 1/4 cup hot milk, can take this milk from the 1 litre milk)
- powder - 1 pinch
- /charoli/sunflower seeds - 1/2 teaspoon (Skinned)
- Golden or kishmish - 2 teaspoon
- Rose - a few drops
- Varak - edible silver foil used for garnishing
How to make Sheer Kurma
My Tip:Ypu can just add dried dates.