How To Make Sesame Peanuts Chikki
Sesame & Peanuts chikki is a healthy, delicious traditionally candy. It can be eaten alone or with snacks and its perfect replacement for chocolate.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Sesame Peanuts Chikki
- Peanuts ( groundnuts ) - 1 cup
- Sesame seeds - 1/2 cup
- Jaggery grated or finely chopped - 3/4 cup
- greasing ghee - 1 tablespoon
Steps to make Sesame Peanuts Chikki
- Roasted peanuts in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat for approx 4 - 5 minutes , stir constantly to prevent burning .
- Let roasted peanuts cool for 5 minutes , remove its skin while they are little warm and break into halves .
- Roasted sesame seeds in same pan about 2 - 3 minutes .
- Grease the surface of counter top or reverse side of a big plate and a rolling pin with ghee .
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan over low flame . Add jaggery and stir continuously on low to medium flame , when jaggery dissolves , stir & cook for approx 3 - 4 minutes on low flame .
- Turn off flame and sesame and peanuts . Mix until all sesame & peanuts are coated with dissolves jaggery .
- Pour and quickly roll the mixture flat using rolling pan .
- Make 2 inch apart parallel horizontal and vertical cuts with knife while spred is still hot .
- When cooled , break it into pieces and store in airtight container and enjoy it whenever you like.