Almond Chutney Sandwiches
- beetroot parboiled - 1 (large)
- potatoes boiled & mashed - 500 gms
- Sliced Cucumbers & tomatoes - 1 each
- Garlic crushed - 2 to 3 cloves
- Pepper as per taste
- Sandwich masala -
- ketchup - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Bread slices - 8
- Butter - sufficient quantity to apply on breads
- Almond chutney: Grind Coriander leaves 1 large bunch
- Almonds - handfull
- Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- salt as required.
- green chillies as required.
- For the Sandwhich Masala : cumin seeds (jeera) - 2 tbsp
- cloves (laung / lavang) - 2 tsp
- cinnamon (dalchini) - 2 tsp
- black peppercorns (kalimirch) - 1 tbsp
- fennel seeds (saunf) - 4 tsp
- star anise (chakri phool) - 1
- black salt (sanchal) - 4 tsp
- rock salt - 2 tsp
- dried mango powder (amchur) - 4 tsp
- For the Sandwich Masala: Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns, fennel seeds and star anaise and dry roast on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a fine powder. Transfer the powder into a bowl, add the black salt, rock salt and dried mango powder and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Grind once more for best results. Use as required.
- For the Almond Chutney: Grind coriander, almonds, lemon juice, green chilies, cumin, sugar and salt till a fine paste is formed. Keep aside.
- Mix butter with grounded garlic and pepper.
- Mash boiled potatoes with salt chili powder and Chat Masala. Keep all vegetables ready.
- Now take a bread, layer with garlic butter and Almond chutney. Put a thin layer of mashed potatoes, then a layer of sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Finally place beetroot. Sprinkle the Sandwich Masala and drizzle some ketchup. Take another slice, layer with garlic butter, Almond chutney and put on top of beetroot layer.
- Use a toothpick to keep the sandwich layers in place.