How To Make Paneer tikka kathi rolls
Paneer tikka kathi rolls are ver popular Indian street food these days. Paneer is marinated in yougurt and spices, sauted and then wrapped in roti. It is a very delicious as well as a nutritious recipe.
- Prep Time25mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Paneer tikka kathi rolls
- 1 Cup Paneer (cubed)
- 1/4 Cup Tomatoes (diced, optional)
- 1/2 Cup Capsicum (diced)
- 1/2 Cup Onion (diced)
- 1 tsp oil
- For Marination
- 2 tbsp thick yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Gram flour or besan
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- For the roti or wraps
- 1/2 cup green chutney
- 1 onion sliced
- Chat masala for garnish
Steps to make Paneer tikka kathi rolls
- To make the rolls: Mix the flour,milk and salt in a vessel. Now using little water knead a soft dough. The dough should neither be too stiff nor too soft.Keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Knead the dough and divide it into equal parts and roll out thin rotis.Heat tawa and cook the rotis on both sides. Keep rotis in casserole.
- To make the stuffing: Mix all the ingredients of marinate well and then add paneer cubes. Let the paneer marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry capsicums and onion for 2-3 minutes. Now add marinated paneer and saute for 5-6 minutes on medium flame stirring occasionally. Now add tomatoes and saute for another minute. Remove from heat.
- To make a roll:Take a roti and spread some green chutney in the center, then put the paneer-capsicum-onion-tomato stuffing evenly in the center. Sprinkle thinly sliced onion and some chat masala. Now roll the roti vertically tightly ensuring that no stuffing falls out.
- Then wrap each roll in a tissue paper or aluminium foil. Arrange on a platter and serve with green chutney.