How To Make Green Tea Kadha
A magical Ayurvedic preparation for fever, cold, cough or sore throat.
- Prep Time2mins
- Cook Time5mins
Ingredients to make Green Tea Kadha
- 2 inch piece of Ginger
- 1 Stick Cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 2-3 black peppercorn
- 7-8 Tulsi Leaves
- a few drops of honey
- A pinch of saffron
- a pinch of Javitri (mace)
- 1/4 tsp of Saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 tsp Green Tea leaves
Steps to make Green Tea Kadha
- Take 3 cups of filtered water and pour into a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Lightly crush the ginger and add it to the water, bring it upto a boil.
- Crush the cloves, cardamom, peppercorn and add it to the boiling water.
- Next add in the tulsi, saffron, saunf, cinnamon and mace.
- Cover and let this simmer over low heat, till you are left with about 2 cups of water.
- Add in the green tea and turn off heat. Keep covered for another minute. Strain and add honey to taste...use immediately.
My Tip: Can add a few drops of pure ghee and a bit of turmeric powder too if desired.