Stuffed Dum Aloo (NO Onion No Garlic)
Stuffed Dum Aloo : Fried Potatoes are filled with Paneer and Dry fruits simmered in smooth and creamy gravy is indeed one of the most popular dish in the north Indian restaurants. http://indiantummy.blogspot.com/2016/09/stuffed-dum-aloo-no-onion-no-garlic.html
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time35Minutes
- 3 Large Boiled Potato
- For Stuffing :- 3-4 tbsp shredded Paneer
- 2-3 tbsp chopped cashews
- 1-2 tbsp sweet Raisins
- A pinch of salt
- For Gravy 3 Medium size roughly chopped Tomato
- 1 Green chili roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger piece roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp cashew pieces roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed
- 2-3 black pepper
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 small piece Cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp sugar (or as required)
- 11/4 tsp salt (or as required)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- For Garnishing Cilantro and some shredded Paneer
- Heat one tea spoon oil in a pan . Add cumin seed , black pepper , bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Stir it for few seconds. Add tomato , green chili , ginger , cashews and 1/2 cup water ... Boil it for 10 minutes on medium gas .
- After it cools down , make puree. Now take a pan . Add 3 tbsp oil . Peel boiled potatoes and cut in to two pieces. With the help of fork prick the potatoes. .
- Put the pieces of potato into medium hot oil and shallow fry on medium gas until it become light brown in color .(It will take 6-8 minutes) Take out on absorbent paper
- Now For stuffing we have to scoop the potatoes from middle with the help of scooper. (Do it carefully otherwise it can be broken) (As shown in pic)
- Please don't waste that left out part of potatoes.(We will use it for filling ...it is optional)
- Add paneer, cashews & raisins to left out potatoes and mix well. Your stuffing is ready.
- Now stuffed the potatoes with that mixture (As shown in pic)
- For gravy, Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. (You can use same pan in which you have fried potatoes earlier), add cumin seed. when it cracks add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and stir for few seconds.
- Add puree and cook it for 6-8 minutes on medium gas.
- Add thin curd. cook it more 2-3 minutes. Add milk and water cook it more for 3-4 minutes. Add salt , sugar, Garam masala and mix it well. Add stuffed potatoes and cover with lid and cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium gas.
- Add Cardamon powder and cover with lid.
- Turn off the gas. Garnish with cilantro and paneer. Serve hot with Paranthas or Naan
My Tip: 1) Potatoes should not be over boiled otherwise it will break easily. 2) Instead of shallow frying , you can also do deep fry 3) while scooping, scoop carefully 4) you can also add coconut powder in stuffing. 5) You can also add cream for make creamy gravy.