Ingredients to make Spicy Fish Curry
- Fish pieces - 1/2 kg
- Water - 1 & 1/2 cups
- Tomatoes - 4 (chopped)
- Red chillies - 2 (sliced)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp (toasted and ground)
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Spicy Fish Curry
- Saute the onions in oil until slightly brown. Add in the ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt. Stir fry for 2 minutes more. Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook till the oil separates.
- Reduce the flame to low, add 1 cup of water and the tamarind paste, stir continuously.
- Add in the fish pieces and red chilies and mix well.
- Cover with a lid, cook for 10 minutes. Make sure the fish is well done.