Homemade Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 1 cup Vegetables (carrots beans peas) chopped
- 2 Onions sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Ginger and garlic crushed
- Salt as required
- 3-4 Black pepper
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinannamon
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Rinse the rice thoroughly. Soak in water for 30 mins. Parboil the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add onions and saute over low heat till slightly brown.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute.
- Now add the tomatoes. Stur fry for 2 mins.
- Add the parboiled veggies. Saute for 2 mins.
- Mix in the rice and saute for another 2 mins to coat the rice with all the ingredients.
- Pour the lemon juice, season with salt.
- Add water (3:1 ratio), cover and cook until rice is well done.
- Remover from heat and serve with cucumber salad/garlic raita on the side.