How To Make Bengali kasha mangsho (chicken curry)
The bengali style typical chiken curry, with potatoes and spices, lipsmackingly delicious.
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time40mins
Ingredients to make Bengali kasha mangsho (chicken curry)
- Chicken - 500 gm
- Ginger garlic paste -1tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1tsp
- Jeera powder -1tsp
- Chopped onions - 2
- Chopped tomatoes -2
- Potatoes -3
- Mustard oil
- Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
Steps to make Bengali kasha mangsho (chicken curry)
- 1. Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and jeera powder, little mustard oil and salt. Keep aside for an hour.
- 2. Now heat mustard oil in a kadhai, add the the potatoes (cut into halves), fry them and keep them aside.
- 3. Now in the same oil, add chopped onions and saute till brown, add the chicken pieces and stir. put a lid and cook on a low flame with occasional stirring. Then add the potatoes when the chicken is half done, cook again till the chicken is almost done.
- 4. Add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are mushy. Add water and bring it upto boil till desired amount of gravy is acquired.
- 5. Sprinkle garam masala powder and check for salt. Serve.