Chocolate And Coffee Mousse
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix gelatin with cold water and let it stand for a minute. Then, mix hot water to it and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, salt and sift cocoa powder plus coffee powder to it.
- Add whipping cream to the bowl and using an electric mixer, whisk at medium high until it’s stiff. Scrape in between to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Pour the gelatin mixture, vanilla extract and whisk to mix everything together. Spoon it to individual containers, cover it and refrigerate it for a few hours.
- Serve it plain or add a dollop of whipped cream on top.