Beety Pink Pound Cake
- Unsalted soft Butter 250 gms
- Sugar 200 gms
- Eggs 5
- All purpose flour 250 gms
- Baking powder 1tsp
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla extract 2tsp
- Boiled Beetroot pure 50 gms
- Black grape/ black currant jelly 50 gms
- Grease and dust a 10' bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a large bowl beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract till pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Fold in the jelly and beetroot purée and mix well.
- Sift together all purpose flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold in carefully. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or till the tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the pan. Un-mould and dust with icing sugar to serve.
My Tip: I used home made grape jam/jelly.