- 1 packet egg noodles
- 2 small tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 medium sized potatoes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cabbage finely chopped
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely grated
- 1/2 inch ginger finely grated
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon kopan masala ( see below)
- Salt and pepper according to taste
- Half onion finely chopped to garnish
- 2 eggs cooked omelette for garnishing
- Kopan Masala Ingredients:
- 20 cardamom pieces husk removed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated
- 4 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 4 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 20 cloves
- Take a pan, add in all the kopan masala ingredients (except nutmeg) and lightly roast over low flame until aromatic.
- Then remove the pan and let the spices cool down to room temperature. Next put in the grated nutmeg, and grind all these spices together coarsely.
- Heat the butter in a pan, then put in the onions along with the garlic and ginger. Saute and cook for 1-2 minutes until they change colour.
- Now put in the kopan masala along with the rest of the spices and give it a good stir.
- Add in the sliced potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, fry and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then pour in the veg stock and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, take another pan and bring 1-2 liter water to boil.
- Once the water starts bubbling, put in the egg noodles and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the noodles are cooked.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and directly put them into the boiling broth. Put in salt and pepper according to taste, let this simmer and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the omelette for garnishing.
- Serve piping hot with the omelette and raw onions on top.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.