Healthy Ragi Chocolate Cake
- Ragi flour /Red millet flour 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup
- Ground flax seeds 1 tbsp
- cocoa powder 1/8 cup
- Water 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract 1tsp
- Cane sugar or grated jaggery 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 3/4 tsp
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- In a pan combine together 1/8 cup ragi flour, ground flax seeds, cocoa powder and water. Mix well until combined.
- Switch on the stove and cook the mixture over medium flame, stirring continuously until it turns thick and glossy for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture into mixing bowl. Allow this to cool to lukewarm.
- Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract ,cane sugar/jaggery, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well using a sturdy spatula, just until combined.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.Line a 5" x 5" cake tin with parchment paper. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. (Do not over bake)
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.