- 500 gm maida/ flour
- 4 big sized boiled potato
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Handful of peanuts, roasted or fried
- 1 tsp haldi/ turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp aamchur powder
- 1 tsp panch foran
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi/ dried fenugreek leaves
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 150 gm ghee
- Oil to deep fry
- Take the maida in a large sized bowl, add a pinch of salt and ghee to make a stiff dough.
- Put a pan on flame and heat 2 tsp oil, then put in the panch foran. Next put in the green peas and saute for a few minutes by adding a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Add in all the masalas, lastly add the boiled potatoes and mix it with the masala, then add in the ginger powder.
- Mix all this well and balance the flavour, adjust it as per your taste.
- Take a ball from the dough, roll it with a rolling pin in an oval shape. Cut it from the middle and make a cone shape, stuff in the masala and seal it with a little water.
- Prepare all the samosas in the same manner and deep fry them in batches on a medium flame.
- Serve them hot with khajur ki chatni or tomato sauce and enjoy!
My Tip: Use fresh boiled potatoes for this recipe.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.