How To Make Instant Crispy Murmura (Puffed Rice)
A mid-snack recipe. This chikki is made without adding water so that it cooks fast.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time2mins
Ingredients to make Instant Crispy Murmura (Puffed Rice)
- Murmura (puffed rice ) 200 gms
- Jaggery 200 grams grated
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Saunth (dried ginger) powder or Tea masala 1 tsp
Steps to make Instant Crispy Murmura (Puffed Rice)
- In a big kadhai/ pan, heat ghee. Then add jaggery and saute.
- As soon as the jaggery changes colour to a little brown, add in the murmura and saunth. Mix it well and spread it on a greased plate.
- Cut into diamond shaped squares and enjoy.
My Tip: I prepare this almost every week. This needs practice to estimate the jaggery and murmura amount, this chikki becomes very crispy.