Korean spicy rice cake/Dukbokki (No onion, No garlic)
Let us make spicy rice cake(Dukbokki) by using the Korean rice cake which I shared in previous post : ( http://www.betterbutter.in/recipe/20576/korean-garaetteok-long-cylinder-shaped-rice-cake ). You might be able to find it easily at food vendors on the street of Korea. There are always delicious Dukbokki boiling and ready to go.It is made with mainely rice cakes[garaetteok; cylinder shaped rice cake], fish cakes, boiled egg and seasoned with chili paste, but here I'm sharing egg-free, pure vegetarian version with no onion, no garlic! The rice cakes are chewy and tender.It looks super spicy and originally it is! But you can control the amount of chili paste then its less hot. If you have refrigerated rice cake, the preparation gets easier, in this recipe have used refrigerated one!
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1/2 cup carrot slices
- 1/2 cup capsicumslices
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp corn flour slurry
- Rice cakes (for 2 serves)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Chilli paste:
- 2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp water
- To make chilli paste: Grind all ingredients together into mixture jar and keep aside.
- Now, in a pan, put oil and saute green chilli, capsicum and carrot for couple of mins.
- Add the chilli paste and mix it well.
- Add a water into it, and add salt, crushed pepper, sugar, soya sauce and mix it well.
- Now add corn flour slurry and stir continuously.
- Add rice cakes and put the lid, cook for 2 mins, stir it meanwhile.
- Place it into serving bowls, sprinkle sesame seeds on top of it and serve hot with green chillies!
My Tip: If you use frozen rice cakes, just defrost them in the microwave for 40seconds.Dont boil the rice cakes for too long, otherwise it will be mushy!