Korean vegetarian cucumber kimchi (No onion, No garlic)
Kimchi, also spelled kimchee or gimchi, is a traditional fermented Korean side dish made of vegetables with a variety of seasonings.In traditional preparations, kimchi was stored underground in jars to keep cool during the summer months and unfrozen during the winter months.There are hundreds of varieties of kimchi made from cabbage, radish, scallion, or cucumber as the main ingredients. Here will share you recipe of stuffed cucumber kimchi which have made by my own style using pickle powder and carrot & capsicum stuffing! And gonna refrigerate it so we could use it then after as a pickle with any of Indian traditional dishes! This recipe would be one my innovative one to give a Indian touch to international one! You could have it as it is as main dish or with rice or could refrigerate it and use later as a side dish with any Indian dishes! Oh my goodness 3 in 1, what else you want?!!
- Prep Time15Minutes
- Cooking Time0Minutes
- 3 big cucumbers, cut into half and make a shell to fill it
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup capsicum slices
- 1/2 cup pickle powder
- 3 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp salt ( as per pickle powder you are using)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- To store into refrigerator:
- 1/2 cup more sesame oil
- First apply salt on all sides of cucumbers and keep them aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients of stuffing and mix it well.
- After couple of moments, cucumber would release the water because of salt, drain that water and wash then with running water.
- Now fill the cucumbers with the stuffing we made and garnish them with sesame seeds and serve them!
- You could serve it with rice for your dinner!
- Also you could cut them into slices and pour the warm oil on it and store them into fridge for future use!