How To Make Instant Amla Pickle
My grandmother used to call Amla as sacred fruit and as a blessing for winters. Amla is a great immunity booster thanks to very high levels of Vitamin C in it.
- Prep Time10mins
- Cook Time10mins
Ingredients to make Instant Amla Pickle
- 8-10 amlas
- 6-7 green chilies
- 3" ginger
- 1/3rd tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/3rd tsp hing (asafoetida)
- 1/3rd tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- Half tsp red chili powder
- Half tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Instant Amla Pickle
- Cut amlas, green chilli and ginger into slices and transfer them to a bowl.
- Heat a tadka pan (kadhai) and add oil.
- When oil heats up, add mustard seeds.
- After mustard seeds start to splutter, add a pinch of haldi, hing, and red chili powder.
- Add amla, ginger and chilies and stir well with all the spices. Cover the lid and cook for 2-5 mins. Amla will be slightly soft, now remove the lid and cook for 2-5 mins.
- Switch off the flame, and let it cool. Store and refrigerate in an airtight container.
My Tip: Do not store pickles in plastic containers. Salty and acidic food kept in plastic containers causes the harmful chemicals that are used to make plastic to leach into the food. Always store pickles in glass or ceramic jars.