Winter calls for something warm and nutritious.So these are going in my Masala Gur to keep the chill away.. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Jaggery should be taken instead of white sugar since the latter only provides empty calories while jaggery on other hand , is full of health benefits. It provides ample iron to ke
- Prep Time5Minutes
- Cooking Time15Minutes
- 1 kg. Gur (jaggery)
- 2 ktbsp Ghee (clarified butter )
- 2 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 tsp Ajwain (Carom seeds )
- 2 tsp Black pepper corns
- 2 tsp Saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup Coconut shavings
- A pinch of Saunth (dry ginger )
- 1 : Crush gur with a rolling pin.
- 2 : Crush Almonds and peanuts coarsely.
- 3 : Heat ghee in a thick bottom vessel.
- 4 : Add Jeera and Ajwain.
- 5 : When it crackles, add gur.
- 6 :Let it melt completely on low flame and add rest of the ingredients.
- 7 :Mix properly and remove from flame.
- 8 :Grease two 8" round tins and pour the batter.
- 9 : While it's still warm, cut it diagonally..
- 10 : Let it cool down completely.
- 11 :Loosen it with a knife and invert the pan to remove it.
- 12 :Store it in an airtight container
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.