Amla in Brine
Who doesn't love Pickles? Brine is similar to pickles, except that it is less spicy and less complicated. Yet, it is simple, very delicious and mouth watering. These amla bites are sure to tickle your taste buds and make you fall in love with them! Amla is one of the best known sources of Vitamin C
- Prep Time0Minutes
- Cooking Time10Minutes
- Gooseberries (Amla) 25
- Salt 2 tsp
- Green chilis 5 (slit)
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Water 3 Cups
- Wash the gooseberries.
- Make at least 4 shallow slits on each gooseberry.
- Boil water with salt.
- Add in the washed gooseberries and green chilis.
- Allow to boil for another 5 minutes.
- Switch the flame off and allow to cool.
- Once it cools completely, add in the vinegar.
- Store in air tight glass jars.
- Give atleast one day's time for the salt and chili flavors to get into the amlas.