No Yeast butter Naan
My children love to have naan. I love to serve them home made food though. As usual keep searching on net to get a yeast free, easy and full proof recipe. Got some very nice recipes too. Amongst those I have chosen this one with my own addition and subtraction. I use wheat flour while making the dough. On special occasion I use refined flour. Here I have mentioned refined flour.
- Prep Time6Hours
- Cooking Time30Minutes
- Refined flour - 4 cups
- salt -1 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda -1/4 teaspoon
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Refined oil - 3 tablespoons
- Plain yogurt - 3 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 tablespoons
- Water - 1/4 cup + extra
- Egg (optional) -1
- Salt water - 1 cup ( mix 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl)
- Butter - As needed
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl, sieve and keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, oil, yogurt, 1/4 cup water, sugar, and egg together till the sugar dissolves.
- Now make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture. Pour the milk mixture into the hole. Incorporate everything very well.
- Make a very soft dough using your hand very gently. If you need extra water, add very little at a time carefully.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 15-30 minutes. I kept for 30 minutes.
- After 15-30 minutes, take some oil on your palm and knead the dough till it becomes very smooth.
- Cover the bowl tightly with a plastic wrap or in an airtight box, give rest for 4/5 hours in a warm place. I allowed it to rest for 7 hours.
- The dough will rise up. Now rub some more oil onto your palm and knead the dough for a minute or so while punching on it occasionally.
- Divide the dough into 10/11 portions, sprinkle flour on your cooking top and roll out each portion of dough giving them a naan shape.
- Now dip your fingertips in the salt-water mix and then press the wet fingertips onto the naan. Repeat it all over the naan on its one side.
- Heat a nonstick pan, Replace the rolled Naan onto it keeping the water pressed side down.
- Once bubbles form on the upper side, flip over, brush the butter on both side and fry while flipping over.
- Finish cooking all Naan and enjoy with your choice of veg or non-veg dish.
My Tip: You can make the butter-garlic naan in the same way. For that, you just need some grated garlic and chopped coriander. after rolling out each naan on step 9; sprinkle some grated garlic and chopped coriander on one side of the naan. Press it gently to set. Then flip over and roll once to set the garlic and coriander perfectly. Now water press on this side of the naan as said in Step 10.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.