How To Make No Yeast Butter Naan
My children love to have naan. I love to serve them home made food. I got this recipe from the net and I have made my own changes to suit our taste. I used wheat flour for the dough. On special occasions, I use refined flour also.
- Prep Time6Hours
- Cook Time30mins
Ingredients to make No Yeast Butter Naan
- Refined flour - 4 cups
- salt -1 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda -1/4 teaspoon
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Refined oil - 3 tablespoons
- Plain yogurt - 3 tablespoons
- Sugar - 1 tablespoons
- Water - 1/4 cup + extra
- Egg (optional) -1
- Salt water - 1 cup ( mix 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt together in a bowl)
- Butter - As needed
Steps to make No Yeast Butter Naan
- Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl, sieve and keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, oil, yogurt, 1/4 cup water, sugar, and egg together till the sugar dissolves.
- Now make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture. Pour the milk mixture into the hole. Incorporate everything very well.
- Make a very soft dough using your hand. If you need extra water, add little at a time.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 15-30 minutes. I kept for 30 minutes.
- After 15-30 minutes, smear some oil on your palm and knead the dough till it becomes very smooth.
- Cover the bowl tightly with a plastic wrap or in an airtight box, let rest for 4-5 hours in a warm place. I allowed it to rest for 7 hours.
- The dough will rise up. Now rub some more oil onto your palm and knead the dough for a minute or so while punching on it occasionally.
- Divide the dough into 10-11 portions, sprinkle flour on your cooking top and roll out each portion of dough giving them a naan shape.
- Now dip your fingertips in the salt-water mix and then press the wet fingertips onto the naan. Repeat it all over the naan on its one side.
- Heat a nonstick pan, transfer the rolled Naan onto it keeping the water pressed side down.
- Once bubbles form on the upper side, flip over, brush the butter on both side and fry while flipping over.
- Finish cooking all Naan.
- Serve with dish of your choice