How To Make Palak Paneer Paratha (Spinach Cottage Cheese Stuff
A simple, easy-to-make recipe that tastes scrumptious with the goodness of palak and paneer! A power-packed tiffin option that keeps our tummy happy till the next meal. Moreover, it is a good way of making fussy kids eat greens like palak..
- Prep Time15mins
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Palak Paneer Paratha (Spinach Cottage Cheese Stuff
- For Dough:
- Whole Wheat Flour/Aata-1 cup
- Spinach/Palak puree-1/2 cup
- Carrom seeds/Ajwain-1/2 tsp
- Oil-1 tbspn
- Salt to taste
- water to knead
- For stuffing:
- Cottage Cheese/Paneer-1/2 cup, grated
- Onion-1 small sized, finely chopped
- Garlic-2 cloves, finely chopped
- Green Chilly-1 medium, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander-2 tbpns, finely chopped
- Jeera ( Cumin) Powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- 1 tbspn and also as required for cooking parathas
Steps to make Palak Paneer Paratha (Spinach Cottage Cheese Stuff
- Wash palak well and make puree by adding little amount of water. In a large bowl, add flour, ajwain, oil and salt. Mix well till it looks like bread crumbs.
- Add palak puree and knead well into a soft dough. If required sprinkle water while kneading. Keep it covered for 15 mins.
- To prepare filling: Heat oil and saute finely chopped garlic, green chillies. Add onion, salt and saute; till it turns golden. Add grated paneer, jeera powder, garam masala powder and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves. Mix well and remove from flame.
- Take lemon-sized dough and roll it into small circle. Place a tbspn amount of filling and bring together the edges and roll it into a paratha. Roast the paratha on a hot tava with a tsp of oil till they are well roasted on both sides.
- Serve hot with pickle of your choice and fresh curd or wrap them in aluminium foil and pack the tiffin .