How To Make Peanut Oats and Jaggery Laddu
Absolutely guilt free and very healthy laddus that require simple ingredients that are always available in the pantry. You'll love the rusticity of taste and texture.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Peanut Oats and Jaggery Laddu
- 1 cup shelled peanuts
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups jaggery, crumbled
Steps to make Peanut Oats and Jaggery Laddu
- Take peanuts in a baking tray. Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Set timer to 15 minutes. Toast the peanuts till they begin to crackle and turn golden.
- Or, take peanuts in a thick bottom wok. Roast till they crackle and become golden. Keep stirring during the process of roasting. Let the roasted nuts cool.
- Take oats in a thick bottom wok. Roast on medium flame till they become slightly crisp and the colour just begins to change. Let the oats cool.
- Take cold roasted nuts in a grinder and grind them to get a fine powder. Do not grind for too long.
- Grind oats to a fine powder.
- Transfer ground nuts and oats to a deep bowl. Mix well.
- Take crumbled jaggery and add to the mixture. Mix with hands. Break lumps of jaggery if any.
- Take a handful of mixture and shape into ball pressing the mixture tightly with your fingers. Use only one hand to shape laddu.
- In case if the mixture seems a bit dry, add more jaggery.
- Store in an airtight container.
My Tip: Use the winter jaggery that comes in cakes/blocks and is unrefined , soft and pliable. Do not use jaggery powder. It will not bind the mixture into laddu.