How To Make Roasted Chicken Submarine Sandwich
This is a Sandwich inspired by Subway. Subway sandwiches are popular and easy to throw together. This sandwich is always one of the regular for my daughter's lunchbox. With fresh vegetables, this sandwich makes a very healthy and filling snack.
- Prep Time20mins
- Cook Time4mins
Ingredients to make Roasted Chicken Submarine Sandwich
- 1 chicken rotisserie (roasted) deboned and shredded
- 3 mini french loaves
- 1 large onion sliced thinly in roundels
- 2 large tomatoes sliced thinly in roundels
- 2 green bell peppers sliced thinly in roundels
- 2 cucumbers sliced thinly in roundels
- Handful of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 6 slices of cheese
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Sweet vidalia onion salad dressing
Steps to make Roasted Chicken Submarine Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F (200 deg C) for 10 minutes. Make slits in the loaves.
- Cut cheese slice to get two triangles. Repeat the same for other slices too. Arrange 4 triangles on the bread along with the shredded chicken and toast the bread in the oven till cheese just melts (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove bread from oven. Pile up the sandwich with all the cut vegetables in a layer.
- Combine hot sauce with mayonnaise. Drizzle the mayonnaise and sweet vidalia onion salad dressing over the vegetables.
- Wrap the sandwich in parchment paper for easy handling of the sandwich.