Channadal Kulcha/Dal Stuffed Mini Kulcha
Though kneading the dough and making a filling asks for some preparation, this kulchas makes an excellent lunch for growing kids. If you want to add mixed dals for making the filling, dont hesitate a second to go with. Trust me, kids will definitely love this dal kulcha.
- Prep Time50Minutes
- Cooking Time30Minutes
- 2cups maida
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Sugar
- 3TBSP OIL
- 1/4cup Yogurt
- 1/4cup Warm milk
- Channadal Stuffing:
- 1cup Cooked channadal
- 2nos Onions (chopped)
- 1/2tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2tsp Mustard seeds
- 1tsp Chilly powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1/2tsp Amchur powder/dry mango powder
- 1/4tsp Chaat masala
- 1tbsp Oil
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Heat the oil in a pan,add the mustard seeds,cumin seeds and fry. Add the chopped onions and saute until they turns transculent.
- Now add the chilli powder, amchur powder, chaat masala, coriander powder and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add finally the cooked channadal.
- Cook until the mixture turns dry. Finally add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and divide into small equal portions.
- For assembling: Mix the flour,baking soda, baking powder, oil, yogurt, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add gradually the warm milk and turn everything as a soft but not a sticky dough, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
- Now flatten a portion of the dough, place enough channadal filling in the centre.
- Fold the dough to form a ball, dust the dough with flour and gently flatten them as round disc.
- Heat few drops of oil, gently drop the flattened kulcha.
- Cook on both sides until the kulchas turns golden brown.
- Brush the hot kulchas with butter.