Rainy day Bread Pakoras
How to make Garam Masala
- 200g gram flour(besan) sifted
- 6 bread slices
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ajwain
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mango powder
- salt acc to taste
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- water as required
- oil for deep frying
- 1. First we will make the plain bread pakoras without stuffing-Take a bowl and add gram flour and water.Mix well so that there will be no lumps in the bowl.
- 2. Mix dry mango powder, salt, green chillies, ajwain, baking soda, red chilli powder and turmeric powder with the gram flour and water mixture.
- 3. Now cut the bread into halves.Add oil in a frying pan.Take a bread piece and dip it in the gram flour mixture and fry until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- 4. Serve the bread pakoras with mint chutney or garnished with some coriander leaves.
- For stuffed bread pakoras- Simply mash together 4 boiled potatoes with some garam masala, green chillies, coriander, chilli powder, amchur and salt to taste. Stuff mixture between bread slices cut into half, dip in besan mixture and deep fry. Drain onto paper towels and serve stuffed bread pakoras hot!