Stuffed Egg Paratha
Egg Paratha is a famous street food in Delhi. It is easy to make,delicious and quite filling. Parathas can be served as a breakfast dish or brunch. Egg Paratha can be made in various ways. Here I have boiled the eggs and mashed them to go into the egg mixture. You can make a masala omlette and scramble instead to use in the mixture.
- Prep Time10Minutes
- Cooking Time30Minutes
- Whole Wheat Flour 1 cup
- Salt as required
- Water as required
- oil 2 tbsp
- Eggs 2
- Onion (finely chopped) 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) 2
- Fennel Seeds 1 tsp
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) 2 tbsp
- Boil the eggs and remove shell. Mash the eggs well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter fennel seeds.
- Add onions and saute till they are soft.
- Add green chillies and mix. Now add turmeric powder, asafoetida, garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
- Now add egg mixture, salt and mix well.
- In a wide bowl, take whole wheat flour, add salt and mix well. Knead well adding little water at a time until a smooth non sticky dough is formed. Cover with a damp cloth and keep the dough aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal lemon sized balls. Take 2 balls and place on a dusted surface. Roll out each ball into small circles.
- Place 1 tbsp of stuffing in the centre of first paratha and place the second paratha on top. Close from all the sides and sprinkle little flour and roll into thick circles.
- Heat a tava on medium high heat and place the parathas. When small bubbles start appearing on the surface , drizzle some oil and gently press it with the spatula. Cook until golden brown.
- Flip over to the uncooked side. Repeat the same process. Make all the parathas in the same way.
- Remove from the tava.
- Serve with pickles and curd.
My Tip: You can use ghee for cooking parathas.