How To Make Healthy Amaranth Chikki
Healthy chikkis that celebrate the goodness of Amaranth. Make these yummy chikkis this winter and get your dose of nutrition. This recipe is brought you in association with the Murugappa Group for the Superfoods Campaign.
- Prep Time5mins
- Cook Time20mins
Ingredients to make Healthy Amaranth Chikki
- Amaranth (popped) - 1 cup
- Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Jaggery powder - 1/4 cup
- Dates (chopped and deseeded) - 2 tbsp
- Honey - 1/4 cup or as per taste
- Raisins/Sultanas - 2 tbsp
- Dry fruits of choice - 2 tbsp or more
- 150 ml water
Steps to make Healthy Amaranth Chikki
- Roast the whole wheat flour in ghee till fragrant and light brown.
- In the same pan, add the popped amaranth, dates, dry fruits and raisins and warm them a little. Set aside.
- Mix jaggery powder, honey and water over moderate flame.
- Dissolve the jaggery and bring to a boil.
- Cook till a thick syrup consistency is achieved.
- Stir in the amaranth-wheat flour mixture. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir well.
- Spread the prepared mixture into a lined baking tray.
- Allow it to cool and rest.
- Cut into small squares and store in an airtight container.