Herb Roasted Chicken
- Whole chicken - 1 kg
- 1/2 cup - unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup - fresh parsley
- 5 - Garlic cloves
- Onion - 1/2
- Lemon - 1/2
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Twine thread
- Roughly chop the fresh parsley leaves and garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Take a bowl or a plate. Combine butter, parsley and garlic.
- Stuff butter mixture in-between the flesh and skin of the chicken. Turn to the other side of the chicken and stuff again.
- Gently press with fingers on chicken skin to spread the butter mixture evenly.
- Place onion, lemon halves inside the chicken.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Tie the chicken legs using twine thread.
- Place the chicken on baking tray, lined with aluminium foil.
- Bake it for 60 to 75 minutes.
- Serve hot with Mayonnaise.
Other recipes in this foodbook
This foodbook has no other recipes.