How To Make Chicken Tikka Kebab’s
Chicken tikka kebab is a delicious recipe which goes pretty well with drinks either at home or at parties. A very popular appetizer, loved by many.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time6Hours
Ingredients to make Chicken Tikka Kebab’s
- 500 gram - Boneless thigh chicken (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 - Green bell Pepper (Cut into 1 inch square)
- 1 - Yellow bell pepper (Cut into 1 inch square)
- 1 - Red onion (Cut into 1 inch square)
- 2 - Tomatoes (remove seed and cut into 1 inch square)
- 1/2 - lemon juice
- 4 tbsp - thick curd
- 2 tsp - Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp - Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp - Dried mint
- 1 tsp - Chaat masala powder
- 3 tbsp - Olive oil
- 1&1/2 tsp - Ginger and Garlic paste each
- 2 tsp - Chicken tikka masala
- Salt to taste
Steps to make Chicken Tikka Kebab’s
- Cut all vegetables and keep aside.
- In a bowl add lemon juice, thick curd, kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, kasoori methi, dried mint, chat masala, ginger garlic paste, olive oil, tikka masala and salt, mix well.
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Dry them completely on kitchen towel/paper 2-3 times. make sure it’s completely dry.
- Add veggies and chicken pieces to the marination masala and mix well to ensure all the pieces of veggies and chicken are covered with masala.
- Cover with a cling film and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, for best results refrigerate over night.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes, this avoids the skewer getting burnt during grill. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C. Arrange the chicken and vegetables cubes onto the skewer.
- Cover a baking try with Aluminum foil and grease with oil. Grill the chicken for 15 minute in baking mode. After 15 minutes grease some oil on the chicken, turn them over and broil it for 15 minutes or until golden color.
- Keep a watch to ensure it doesn’t get burnt.
- Chicken tikka kebab’s are ready. Serve them hot with mint chutney and sliced pickled onions. This is a great party appetizer to please your guests! Enjoy!
My Tip: Cut chicken pieces about 1 inch pieces, do not make them too small or don't leave them too big. I used thick curd, traditionally hung curd would be used. If you have hung curd please use them. Each oven behaves differently. Please adjust the cooking time based on your oven’s performance.