How To Make Bengali Fish Fry
As a Bengali we love our fish and we make varieties of recipe with this protein. This fish fry is not the regular fish fry. Bengali fish fry is appetiser or snack which is marinated and crumb coated and then deep fried.
- Prep Time2Hours
- Cook Time15mins
Ingredients to make Bengali Fish Fry
- Betki or Salmon or Basa or Any White fish Boneless fillets : 4 big size
- Onion paste : 1 tsp
- Ginger paste : 1 tsp
- Green paste : 1tsp
- Coriander leave paste : 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice : 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Egg : 1 no
- Cornflour : 1/2 cup
- Bread crumb : 1/2 cup
- Lemon wedges to serve with
- Black salt : a pinch
- Oil : For deep frying
Steps to make Bengali Fish Fry
- 1. Firstly we have to clean the fish fillets with water. And tap it dry with kitchen towel.
- 2. Marinate the fish fillet with onion paste, Ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, Green chilly paste , coriander leaves paste and salt.
- 3. Cover it and keep it in refrigerator for 1 and half hour.
- 4. After 1 and half hour. Take the marinated fish out of the refrigerator and keep it aside.
- 5. Beat the egg and place it on a flat dish. Also place cornflour and bread crumb seperatly on a flat dish.
- 6. Coat the marinated fish first with dry cornflour and beaten egg and lastly with bread crumb. Repeat this process for all the fish fillets
- 7. Cover it and put it back in the refrigerator for another half hour.
- 8. Heat sufficient oil in a deep vessel. Take out the coated fish fillets and deep fry it one by one.
- 9. Take out on kitchen towel and drain the excess oil.
- 10. Sprinkle black salt and serve it got with lemon wedges