- 2 Egg whites
- 200 gms Coconut shredded
- 100 gms Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour heaped
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Boil water in pan, use a glass mixing bowl to hold over the simmering water and you make a double boiler.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar in the glass bowl, the bottom should be very warm but not hot from the steam.
- Whisk for 3-4 minutes or till rich and creamy. Remove and whisk in the flour, vanilla essence and the coconut.
- Use a wooden spoon to bring it all together without mashing. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet, heat the oven at 170 degree Celsius and place tablespoon scoops of the macaroon dough at 1 ½” gaps.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or till the tops are golden brown. Cool and remove gently.
- Serve warm with a cup of hot chai.
My Tip: You can add peanuts or cashews to bring texture to a macaroon