How To Make Whole Wheat Flaxseed Bread (Vegan)
Here is a simple bread made healthy by adding flaxseeds.
- Prep Time0mins
- Cook Time3Hours
Ingredients to make Whole Wheat Flaxseed Bread (Vegan)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
Steps to make Whole Wheat Flaxseed Bread (Vegan)
- Whisk together all purpose flour, wheat flour and salt. Add oil and mix well. Add flaxseeds.
- Add sugar to water and heat till lukewarm. Add yeast. Mix well. Cover and leave for 10 minutes. The mixture will turn frothy.
- Add this to flour mix and knead for 6 to 8 min to get smooth soft dough. Cover the dough and leave for 1hour.
- Degas the dough and knead for another five minutes. Shape in to a spindle shaped loaf, or a regular loaf. Place it in a greased baking tray and cover with a damp towel or greased cling film. Leave it to rise for 1 ½ hours.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 25 minutes or till the top turns brown. Remove from oven after 5 minutes. Transfer to the rack to cool.
My Tip: Knead dough till soft and elastic. Quantity of water may vary according to requirement.